Saturday, July 26, 2008

another late start


another late start today. perhaps i should just call saturday my "late start" day? yet, at some point, i do want to get up early enough to get to the sf ferry building farmers market.....however, today is definitely not that day.

despite my late start and my brain attempting to process through a foggy haze...i tried something new for my late morning breakfast.


i had a semifreddi morning bun that was a couple of days old. i was very reluctant to waste it......and was inspired to make it into a toast. big shock huh? especially since i seem to eat some variation of toast every day.

i must say that it worked out smashingly well. the smell alone that filled my place was worth the idea.....what a nice welcoming smell in the morning. when i took the toast out of the oven, i slathered large amounts of my homemade conserve consisting of apricot, plum, plucot, and habanero chili.


yum yum. this morning treat was particularly good with a nice "cup" of earl grey tea. perhaps getting up so late isn't such a bad thing after all.


1 comment:

Victoria said...

That could be the name of a band: Toasted Disappointment.

Let's get t-shirts made.