Tuesday, September 16, 2008

burn me anytime...

ooooooooh. i am so glad the presentation is over! i completed the presentation with all of my limbs and senses intact. my senses are actually still "a buzz" from the blue bottle coffee i had this morning. ensuring that all of my synapses are firing is a top priority when presenting to the alpha members of the exec team.... particularly the intense and detailed-oriented members of the exec team whose backgrounds include a math focus and/or a mba.

this means, to be quite frank in a very american way...that you must have your shit together. because not only do they want to know what your conclusions are, they also want to know how you get there. it is not just your findings on the line...how you think is also on the line.

naw, no pressure or anything.

don't get me wrong, i have no problems with alphas. i'm not exactly a submissive myself (hey, no laughing! remember dear hearts...those who are laughing at the remote possibility of me being submissive aren't exactly submissive either...a moment of self reflection please). its just these strategy gigs definitely keep me on my toes.

the best part about the presentation being over meant that i could FINALLY eat the vosges red fire ice cream that has been seductively saying "try me?" every time i passed my freezer for the last couple of days. it was worth the wait.

i had a feeling it was going to be good when i opened up the pint and saw how smooth it looked.

normally, i would just grab the spoon and eat it directly from the pint. yet, since i knew i would be sharing this experience with you dear hearts....i decided to be a bit more civilized. i scooped some of the ice cream onto a dish. pretty isn't it?


it tastes better than it looks. wow. c'est superb. it is very creamy and chocolatey with just the right amount of spice to give you a little tingle. hmmmmmmm. a perfect reward.

No comments: