Friday, May 8, 2009

no tears at the great china restaurant


i cried today. it was the first time in a long time.

gawddamn it.

i will probably talk about this later. just not at this moment. it is a bit too difficult, although not at all unexpected. i knew this was going to happen...as it was finally safe to cry. i guess you could say that i'm right on schedule. funny that.

in an effort to distract myself so that i could get my head back into work, i grabbed lunch at the great china restaurant today.


i don't know if the folks at great china could sense i wasn't having the best day, but everyone was super duper nice to me....which sometimes, almost makes me want to cry a bit more. i didn't though. thank the gawds for small mercies.

after picking out and ordering the combo kung pao lunch special,


i thought that i should further distract myself by thinking of my upcoming trip to the UK. this trip is decidedly less pressure than other times. no presentations. no conferences that i have to go to. i even managed to schedule a weekend in london. i tried to cheer myself up with looking through the book that MP bought for me.....


i kept flipping through the book telling myself, "look at what you are going to get to do!! to eat!! isn't that exciting!!!"


then the food arrived. i do really enjoy the food here.



hmmmm. the combo of the yummy lunch special and thinking about london sorta kinda worked. i did feel my spirits lift a bit when i realized i could make this trip be anything i wanted it to be....and i think i might make it a how many different-kinds-of-indian-food-can-you-eat sort of trip. there seems to be quite a few very fascinating regional offerings that i will probably be exploring.

well, gotta get my head back in the game.

bye for now.

great china restaurant: 2024 shattuck avenue, berkeley, ca 94704, +1 510 843 7996

No comments: