Tuesday, May 12, 2009

think about them less

location: manchester, england
time: almost midnight



i will say this....work definitely keeps me busy. i think i need to keep busy. i have a feeling that work will be my haven for a while as i get over my silly feelings. i also think i need to stop getting emails from a certain someone as well. i'd like my journey of distance to begin as soon as possible please....as the sooner i begin, the sooner i will move on. i wish i had a "move on" button and i could just push the button and my moving on would happen instantly. wouldn't that be nice? maybe i'm not being fair. yet, i've had enough of being fair...well, at least in this situation.

anyway, today was my first day in the uk office and it was "go-go-go" all day and into the evening. i started the day with a proper english breakfast. i was pretty hungry as i didn't eat dinner last night. i wanted to sleep more than eat food. not sleeping for about 24 hours will do that to a person. i'm glad that i was hungry because the hotel breakfast buffet had quite the edited assortment of filling breakfast options....





i took advantage since my breakfast is included in the price of my hotel room.

then after a slew of meetings and training (me giving some training), the boss, myself, and a colleague stepped out for a bite to eat for dinner....


it is good to meet up with colleagues. it helps me understand the political dynamics of the various offices and give me a heads-up on which ones to potentially manuver around. yet, the combo of all day and all evening makes for a very busy and tiring day. perhaps this is what a need though....to tire myself out and not think about me and my silly feelings.

well, to think about them less anyway.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Being fair can also include being fair (and kind) to yourself. Just to put that out there...