Monday, October 19, 2009

i've fallen for haus in the mission

i have fallen for haus, a coffee shop on 24th street in the mission. if haus was closer to me, this is where you would find the foodie hunter....every day. if haus was near me, i would probably and cheerfully become a coffee addict once more. haus appeals to my design aesthetic. the airy minimalist light wood atmosphere does not appeal to everyone....but it absolutely appeals to me.

over the past few months, i have passed by haus quite a bit on my way to humphry slocombe and i could feel my curiosity piqued by 1) its random location 2) the design. over this past weekend, i decided that i would finally stop into haus and see what it was all about. this would be my "new place" to try for the week.



i felt immediately settled when i walked in. it was a calm oasis and even had a little outdoor patio. i sat out there for a bit with my absolutely lovely cappuccino....



yet, once it started to rain, i sat on the couch for a while, listening to tunes on my i-pod, and sketching.

the combo of the high quality excellent coffee and the surroundings put the foodie hunter in a blissful mood.

i foresee myself making special trips here in the future.


haus, 3086 24th St (between folsom & treat), san francisco, ca 94110, (415) 826-2554, mon-fri. 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., sat-sun. 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

No comments: