Sunday, October 25, 2009

purple basil vinegar

as i looked through my pictures i realize that i have quite a few posts worth about purple basil and thought, perhaps i would provide another quick post about the purple basil vinegar that i finished up this morning. you see, it all started last night when i grabbed a lot of leaves and muddled (see my purple lemonade post for my "muddling" inspiration) them with the liquid from a bottle of white wine vinegar. then i let it all sit overnight.

when i woke up this morning, this is what it looked like.



then all i did was strain out the leaves....


and then put it pour it back in the bottle.

voila! how easy was that!! now i have a lovely vinegar for potential salads, saute, or soups that may need a bit of brightening. i love things that are so easy and have potential for so many uses. this appeals to my foodie side as well as my ever present practical side.

No comments: