Thursday, October 22, 2009

simple dinner break


i currently have my head into a research project (big shock) and sometimes, i just need to step away from the screen and from processing/analyzing the seemingly endless streams of data. sometimes i wonder if someone were to look at me while i am doing this, if they could hear the "hum" of my brain processor churning as i take in large amounts of data....identifying patterns, trends, and eventually, building a story for what is happening in the particular market. while i have had a bit of formal training in research from my days at university, there is something about research that "clicks" with me. many of you dear hearts, who knew me in those days (and borrowed my research) can attest to how my brain catgorizes information.

perhaps, this is why i am also drawn to aspects of life that are very distant from analyzing markets and feel a need to step away from it from time to time. i have a feeling that this is where the photography has come in as well as sketching. with both activities, i am in the moment and just living that one moment....right now...and am not figuring out how this is going to fit together later. for my break today, i decided to head down to the farmers market a bit early, about 15 min before "official opening time" and sit on the tiny grassy area and just watch folks for a while.


it was interesting to see the vendors hustle to set up and see the market begin to bustle. i also paid a visit to some of my usual stalls such as catalan family farm, happy boy farm, and of course, riverdog farms. i came away with a random bounty....




not having any plans for any of it. it was more about what appealed to me at that moment. i have a feeling you'll be seeing what i bought from the market for the next few days. as i carried my market bounty home, i decided to make myself a quick and early dinner before diving back into my most recent project. for my dinner, i decided grab some wild rice


(i usually cook a pot of grains such as wild rice, quinoa, or brown rice to last for a few days in the fridge...and in this case...it was wild rice), cook the lovely greens i bought from riverdog farm....




as well as scramble a couple of eggs from riverdog farm with chili flakes and nuoc mam.....




tres simple, non? yet, still lovely with all of the colors and textures.


it is also a way to ensure that i take care of myself despite odd hours and crazy projects. well, i speaking of odd hours and crazy projects...i suppose it is back to the research.

until later dear hearts.....

No comments: