Tuesday, November 17, 2009

oh pork, i love you


oh my darling, i have been waiting for you.

when the best friend delivered you to my doorstep, i could feel an uptick in my gait...knowing that i was going to finally taste your porky deliciousness. i cannot express just how difficult it was for me to resist you this weekend. you tickled all of my senses......i breathed you in....the aroma that included a mix of roasted meat, fennel, mesquite, and smoke....not to mention seeing your skin turn into a sultry reddish brown that was begging to be touched and peeled....and how i had to bite down on my tongue to not take a bite of crackling that was offered to me.

dear reader, if you have absolutely no idea what i am talking about, then i highly recommend that you visit my previous posting with lots of pics about the porchetta roasting that happened this past weekend.

as i am still recovering from my bout of food poisoning (which prevented me from diving face first into the porchetta this weekend), i knew i would have to take it relatively slowly with the leftover porchetta that the best friend delivered to me post-party.

so after gazing at the leftover porchetta for a moment or two, i decided to make a pasta using slices of the porchetta including the fat....

yup, you read me right....i decided to use some small chunks of the pork fat from the porchetta and this would be the fat i would use for my pasta. yup yup. indeedy.

so i sliced up some of the fat .....


and some of the porchetta......


then browned the chunks of fat in a hot pan.....

then added some chopped red onion, coarsley chopped garlic, and salt.....

and fried that for a while before adding the slices of pork......



then added some arugula (because i had it in the fridge and hey, why not?).....



then added some very al dente cooked wide noodles and parsley with a bit of the pasta water....



and let it all simmer together. this was done very purposefully, as i wanted the very al dente pasta to suck up the fats and flavor....

then it was done.....


oh my gooooooooodnesss....this was soooooo yummmmy. sigh.


sigh.

i love you pork.

1 comment:

Girlbroda said...

I have been looking for a way to use up my leftover Porchetta gem...thanks this will be out dinner tonight!
I will let you know how it goes!
smalltowngirlcooks.wordpress.com