Monday, December 7, 2009

zee dress


it is freakin cold. yeah, i know it is colder in other non-sf bay area places...such as new york, chicago, etc etc... but i don't live there and as i am a ca-grown gal, i'm a totally weakling when it comes to cold. so for me, it is freakin cold at the moment. i pretty much decided that i wanted to grab some soup for dinner this evening. when i went down to check the mail, it was cold enough for me to go "do i really want to leave my place today?". well, i didn't really want to leave but i thought it would be a good idea. or else, it will be like, 11pm and i'll be feeling stir crazy in my place. so alas, i made a quick jaunt over to my local noodle bar and ordered the roast duck noodle soup.


as usual, it arrived very quickly. as i dove into the fatty comforting soup,


my thoughts drifted to the party that the best friend is throwing this weekend. originally, i thought about wearing the red dress that i wore to my bday earlier this year. yet alas, after trying it on a couple of times as the party day grew nearer, i was having a difficult time imagining myself wearing it.

do you think it is possible that clothes carry memories? or perhaps, a more accurate statement is that i carry certain memories with certain clothing....and sometimes i don't realize what those memories are until i put the clothing on. so instead of wearing the red dress, i'm wearing a variation of a LBD....

which for some odd reason....looks a lot more wicked on the hanger than when i wear it. everything is suitably covered and on my short self...it isn't a mini dress....it hits my knees. sometimes it is good to be short.

yet it looks rather wicked in the picture doesn't it?

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Damn, another missed opportunity to see you in the red dress;)

foodie hunter said...

:)