Wednesday, July 13, 2011

party leftovers


not only is there tons of rye whiskey left over from the party, there are quite a few food-oriented leftovers as well. i've been slowly but surely making my way through CK's delicious brown butter ice cream sandwiches (one of the best post-party surprises for me when i opened my freezer), the heart sis' chocolate chip cookies (some were also delivered to susanna for an after service treat on monday as well)....


SW's buttery delicious tuile cookies which are particularly delicious when paired with ice cream.....


and eating it in bed. the last few days have been the lazy portion of my vacation....which is probably a really good thing since today is my last vacation day. tomorrow, it all starts up again with my first meeting at 7am.

i did have visions of trying to take advantage of my post-party vacation days by running around the city. instead, i've been rather lazy and have only left my place either to hang out with specific people like the heart sis or susanna....or go to the hapa ramen pop up. this is a pretty rare thing for me to do while i'm on "vacation". instead of running around some foriegn city trying to eat and take pictures as much as possible, i lounged around in bed.....got up and made myself a pate sandwich with some party leftovers.

i toasted some acme bread.....



and grabbed some of the yummy country style pate that susanna (of hapa ramen) made ....


and brought to the party. it was a rather huge amount of pate. after the bread was appropriately toasty, i slathered on some organic olive oil mayo, broad bean soy sauce, and a chili garlic paste.



simple and delicious. just delicious. i love being home.


i think i may go read in bed.

until later.....

xxxooo

No comments: