Wednesday, September 7, 2011

what i am really annoyed about


taking a break away from one of the projects and noshing on some cold noodles that i made earlier for lunch. if i didn't have so much to do, i'd be at brisketfest at the moment. jesse's sodas (aka sodacraft....which i have an affection for) are there as well as some brisket from the wise sons deli folks. yet, some unexpected shit went down at work today that results in me staying in for a late night....or early morning....depending on your perspective or time zone.

methinks i'm having an annoyed at the world moment. or rather annoyed at my-teeny-tiny-not-even-a-grain-of-sand-size-part-of-the-world. i'm not just talking about work stuff.

work wise, there is still a lot of politics happening at the moment. yes that is annoying. i foresee those folks getting exactly what they deserve. yes, i will be the one who will be mentally rubbing my hands together with glee and snarkily saying "be careful what you wish for" when they realize EXACTLY what is going to happen....and you know what? the unfortunate unpleasantness isn't going to come from me.

this is what i mean by "be careful what you wish for"....and when the unpleasantness goes down, my team will be protected and i'll have the evidence to support the "i gave you fair warning how it was going to down...that unpleasantness was going to result" when/if they try to come after me and mine.

as i was compiling my various plans to ensure that my team would be protected from the latest political mess, i made myself a rather simple pasta dish that consisted of angel hair......



with some mcevoy extra virgin olive oil....which smelled so wonderful when i tossed the oil with the hot pasta....this is just one of the reasons why i do enjoy escaping into my kitchen to make lunch and step away from workness. then i added some of the raw tomato sauce (grated early girl tomatoes, grated garlic, salt, and mecvoy olive oil) that i made yesterday and seems to be a staple for me right now......


note that when it is for me, i leave the "end bits" of the garlic in the sauce but when i have made this for company...i absolutely do not leave it in....just a fyi. ......then added some creme fraiche (bellwether farms)....


some grated pecorino cheese.....


then some chopped early girl tomatoes (dirty girl of course) and flat leaf parsley.....such beautiful color.....


tossed.....


plated.....


with a bit more pecorino grated to finish.


the pasta in the pic was at room temperature due to my tossing all of the cool/cold ingredients in....but it was tasty that way. could definitely taste the bite of the garlic coupled with the sweetness of the tomatoes and the creaminess from the creme fraiche.

as i'm eating it now..... it is pretty cold since i'm eating it directly from having been in the fridge for a few hours. it is pretty good cold too. surprisingly enough.

on the personal front, i'm annoyed at folks that can't seem to make up their mind about what they want. or how about if i be a bit more specific...... i'm annoyed at people that can't seem to make up their mind about what they want from me.

i've already laid out all of my cards....and my heart....quite a long time ago.

i loved you before. i love you now. i will love you for always.

i kept my promise. i didn't walk away. you did.


i loved you enough to let you go....with love, care, and encouragement to pursue a dream.


perhaps it is time for you to do the same and accept what it means to let me go.

No comments: